26 March, 2012

'Snuggle Up With Me' Rug

My 'snuggle up with me' rug is now finished and I love it! Colour tones are all very earthy and calming for the eye. It measures 115cm by 85cm so it is big and snuggly. With winter approaching here in Perth, I am really looking forward to those lazy / rainy afternoons when the best thing seems to be making a hot cup of tea, picking up your favorite book and snuggling under a warm and cozy blanket.

I love the tassels in the corners, I think they add that aristocratic feel to it, what do you think?
The wool used in this rug is Patons Inca (50% wool, 30% acrylic, 20% alpaca).

Skills required for making this rug are:
1.) garter stitch
2.) mattress stitch seam
3.) crocheted edging on the whole rug, once completed
4.) making tassels

PIC 1


PIC 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...