21 July, 2021

Magenta shawl intertwined with cables, bramble & rice

Today, on 21 July 2021, my blog SunchiBee Knit&Purl marks 10 years of its existence on the web where I share my craft: handknitted and crocheted things, DIY projects like revamping old pieces of furniture, building things from scratch but also in this little corner I like to share things, people and places that inspire me. 

I wanted to create something new to share on this special day to make it more festive, so I decided to go the extra mile and push myself to knit something more complex. The final product is this personally designed and handknitted magenta shawl that is my favorite to wear this winter. I really wanted to make it look rich in texture so I played with multiple cables which I accentuated with the rice stitch and decided that the bramble stitch would make a sturdy and yet elegant edge to this garment.

Do you like?















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...