09 June, 2021

Sweet Snuggle Baby Cocoon - pattern created by Lilia Vanini, knitted by SunchiBee

It was so much fun knitting this beautiful snuggle up - hoody baby blanket. Just recently, I learned that my close friend's daughter would be hosting a baby shower and I had about a month to organize a gift. I instantly knew that I wanted to knit one of these snuggle up blankets for the little bub-to-be and I embarked on my SunchiBee Pinterest account to look through my file of 'Knitting around the world" that I have been saving for quite some time. I found a couple of handknitted images of what I liked and then went online to look for a pattern for one of those. Luckily, very shortly after, I stumbled across the Sweet Snuggle Baby Coccon, pattern by Lilia Vanini from LiliaCraftParty- available on Etsy- and instantly knew that I wanted to knit this gorgeous piece.

I am sharing here the photos of the final product which I absolutely love and adore. I struggled at first with the Cluster Stitch but soon got the hang of it, following Lilia's detailed instructions on page 8 of her pattern book. I love the combination of the patterns here. The Cluster Stitch adds some complexity to the pattern and creates a perfect variation between the two cables edging the blanket. I absolutely love this design; it makes such a signature piece. 

Thank you to Lilia Vanini for sharing her pattern _/\_




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...