05 October, 2011

Tea Pot and Cup Cozy

I guess any passionate knitter would be delighted to browse through ' Really Wild Tea Cozies' by Loani Prior, the queen of the tea pot cozies.  I came across this book in a shop about 6 months ago and could not put it back on the shelf- unless it was on my own shelf! Finally, I found some time to play with different designs and patterns and decided to knit a tea pot cozy with a matching cup cozy. This is my latest creation and I absolutely love it!


Making this tea pot cozy was quite an experience. It felt like I was preparing a daughter for the Prom. This tea pot cozy has a lining underneath as well as padding at the top to shape it like a box. I am obsessed with the bobbles at the moment, so of course part of the design needed to show this.



If you have browsed through my blog, you would know that I really like the cup cozies too, so for this cube-looking tea pot cozy, I needed to make a matching cup cozy. The pattern on this cup cozy is called the 'diagonal garter stitch' and it is a wonderful pattern if you like to use a variety of colours because it accentuates the colours in the most beautiful way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...